For those who haven’t experienced our events yet, we like to think of them as cocktail parties with great content. Here are some pictures from past get-togethers.
Entrepreneurs we’ve interviewed include Sam Altman (OpenAI and Y Combinator), Adam Bowen and James Monsees (Juul), Vlad Tenev (Robinhood), Emily Weiss (Glossier), Patrick Brown (Impossible Foods), Julie Wainwright (The RealReal), Daphne Koller (Insitro), Peter Szulczeski (Wish), Marten Mickos (HackerOne), Tina Sharkey (Brandless), Chris Urmson (Aurora), Howie Liu (Airtable), Marco Zappacosta (Thumbtack), Amy Chang (Accompany), Matt Mullenweg (Automattic), Kim Scott (Radical Candor), David Rogier (MasterClass), Mark Gainey (Strava), Ryan Williams (Cadre), Carl Bass (Autodesk), Zander Lurie (SurveyMonkey), Jim Collins (Kitchen United), and Vivek Ramaswamy (Riovant Sciences), among others.
We’ve also hosted some very interesting VCs, including Marc Andreessen (Andreessen Horowitz), Chamath Palihapitiya (Social Capital), Ravi Mhatre (Lightspeed Venture Partners), Aileen Lee (Cowboy Ventures), Cyan Banister (Founders Fund) Steve Jurvetson and Maryanna Saenko (Future Ventures), Brad Feld (Foundry Group), Bill Maris (Section 32), Craig Hanson (NextWorld Capital), Megan Quinn (Spark Capital), Keith Rabois (Khosla Ventures), Jessica Verrilli (GV), Hunter Walk (Homebrew), Heidi Roizen (DFJ), Bradley Tusk (Tusk Ventures), Naval Ravikant (AngelList), Hans Tung (GGV Capital), Tony Conrad (True Ventures), Greg Gretsch (Jackson Square Ventures), Caterina Fake (Yes VC), Dan Morehead (Pantera Capital), Charles Hudson (Precursor Ventures), Bryan Schreier (Sequoia Capital), Semil Shah (Haystack), Mamoon Hamid and Ilya Fushman (Kleiner Perkins), and Jeffrey Housenbold and Anna Lo of the SoftBank Vision Fund.
For 2020, we’d like to extend a giant thanks to Felicis Ventures, the boutique, early-stage Bay Area venture firm with bets (and exits) around the globe. Felicis generously volunteered to be the exclusive sponsor for our recent March 25th Zoom event. (Thank you, Felicis!)
Speakers for this event included:
- Scott Cutler, the CEO of Detroit-based StockX, one of the hottest privately held exchanges on the planet
- Reddit cofounder Alexis Ohanian and Posterous cofounder Garry Tan, who today run the progressive, early-stage venture firm Initialized Capital
- Laura Deming, the research scientist, former Thiel Fellow, and founder of Longevity Fund, whose ambition is to find and fund startups that can extend the human lifespan
- Founder-GPs Aydin Senkut of Felicis Ventures, Eva Ho of Fika Ventures, and Charles Hudson of Precursor Ventures, who are coming to talk about starting a venture fund brand — and keeping it afloat (the good, the bad, and the ugly)
- With much-appreciated interviewing help from Erin Griffith of the New York Times and Lora Kolodny of CNBC
Stay tuned for information about future get-togethers!